PROTECTING CHILD RIGHTS24-hour, free, emergency phone service
CHILDLINE is the crucial link between children in need of care and protection and the available services. And MSSVP is deeply committed to child rights. Hence this special service: ChildLine 1098.
For children with different needs, who call in anytime, anywhere, and for anything, we serve as a one-point contact that facilitates instant access to support, advice, active intervention or just a listening ear. We connect children in emergency on one end of the phone line to a well connected network of services.
CHILDLINE is MSSVP’s first 24-hour, free, emergency phone service for children in need of aid and assistance.
Our focus is on children in need of care and protection, especially the more vulnerable sections.
- Street children and youth living alone on the streets.
- Child labourers working in the unorganised and organized sectors.
- Domestic help, especially girl domestics.
- Children affected by physical / sexual / emotional abuse in family, schools or institutions.
- Children who need emotional support and guidance.
- Children of commercial sex workers
- Child victims of the flesh trade
- Victims of child trafficking
- Children abandoned by parents or guardians
- Missing children.
- Run away children.
- Children who are victims of substance abuse
- Differently-abled children
- Children in conflict with the law
- Children in institutions
- Mentally challenged children
- HIV/ AIDS infected children
- Children affected by conflict and disaster
- Child political refugees
- Children whose families are in crises